Ads By CiberSpaces


Ads By CiberSpaces


 
 Culture

 

Trinidad is considered the Museum city of Cuba and for this reason, in 1988, Unesco declared Trinidad and the Valle de Los Ingenios "World Heritage".

The Plaza Mayor is the central axis of the old city and historic center of Trinidad. It holds peculiar construction in which the unevenness of the land is corrected. The centre shelters the statue of Terspsicore, a dance and music muse, and from that point the beautiful constructions of the city can be appreciated.

In the upper left part of the Plaza Mayor is the Brunet Palace, today's Museo Romantico of Trinidad the architecture representing the main principles of the XIXth century, numerous colonial work of art such as paintings, glassware from Bohemia, european amphoras, Talavera de la Reina ceramics, china, gold and silver crafts, precious wood furniture decorated with romantic and baroque style can be admired.

Next to the Palacio Brunet is the Parroquial Mayor, a neo-classic construction that was completed in 1892. The Parish holds the beautiful statue of Cristo de Veracruz that was carved in Spain in the XVIIIth century. A neo-gothic altar made out of precious wood and dedicated to Santisima Trinidad can also be seen. Although it does not have the same luxury of other churches, visiting the Parroquial Mayor is of utmost importance. It holds a Carrara marble altar dedicated to the Virgen de la Misericordia, the only one in the country.

A visit to la Casa Padron, residence of Don Antonio Padron who was one of the richest man in Cuba, is a must. The Condes de San Antonio later lived in the house. La Casa de Alderman Ortis which dates back to 1809 belongs today to the Fund for Cultural Goods and holds a permanent art galery of painters such as Antonio Herr and Juan Olivia. La Casa de los Sanchez Iznaga - dating back to the XVIIth century is, today, the Museum of Arts and Construction Techniques of the colonial era. The Palace Cantero, completed in 1827 hosts the Municipal History Museum. La Casa de la Musica illustrates the development of the Trinidadian music and an ideal place for remembering the master pianist Felo Bergaza (important Cuban pianist) and Lico Jimenez (director of the Hambourg Conservatory between 1890 and 1917). The church and convent San Francisco de Asis is, today, the Museum of La Lucha Contra Bandidos (fight against bandits) ; el Parque Carrillo, Las Tres Cruces and the Templo de Yemaya are also of great interest.


Ads By CiberSpaces
 
Ads By CiberSpaces

Book instantly over 120 Hotels in Cuba
Book instantly the car you need
  • Ancon Beach Trinidad Cuba
    Ancon Beach Trinidad Cuba
    Located just 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) from the center of Trinidad you'll find the Ancon Beach. For those of you staying at Ancon Beach, instead of some of Trinidad's city [...]
  • Museo Nacional de la Lucha Contra Bandidos Trinidad Cuba
    Museo Nacional de la Lucha Contra Bandidos Trinidad Cuba
    Address: Calle del Cristo and Boca, Trinidad Since 1986 the National Museum of the struggle against what the Castro's call Bandits has housed photos, maps, weapons and other paraphernalia relating [...]
  • Museum of Architecture Trinidad Cuba
    Museum of Architecture Trinidad Cuba
    Address: Calle Desengano # 83, Trinidad Museum of Colonial Architecture in Trinidad displays architectural and interior decorating details from the periods of the 18th and 19th centuries, and has a [...]
  • Church of the Holy Trinity Iglesia | Santisima Trinidad Cuba
    Church of the Holy Trinity Iglesia | Santisima Trinidad Cuba
    The Iglesia Parroquial de la Santisima stands above the Plaza Mayor to the north-east. The Holy Trinity Church of Trinidad was constructed began in the late 19th century and it [...]
  • Valle de Los Ingenios & Valle de San Luis Trinidad Cuba
    Valle de Los Ingenios & Valle de San Luis Trinidad Cuba
    The three valleys in Trinidad named San Luis, Santa Rosa and Meyer, collectively called the Valle de Los Ingenios, were a center for sugar production from the late 18th century [...]
  • Museum of Archeology Trinidad
    Museum of Archeology Trinidad
    Address: Calle Simon Bolivar # 457, Trinidad Located in the former Casa de Padron, the Museum of Archeology Guamuhaya was founded on May 15th 1976. It is conveniently situated at [...]




Copyright 2002-2017 Digital Panorama S.A. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be copied or reproduced without the written consent of Digital Panorama S.A. or it's subsidiaries.
Need help? Please contact us with questions or comments      

   
 
       800 x 600 dpi.